Zach also opened his presents from Mommy, Daddy & Drew. Most of which were cars. He is still at that age where after he opens a present, he wants to play with that present and has no desire to open any more. So again, big brother ended up helping him out. Like I said, nothing real exciting.

*************
Yesterday we also had the chance to go in to Drew’s new preschool to see his classroom and meet his teacher. His teacher seems nice, but I am concerned about the set-up of the school. Instead of having individual rooms with doors that can close on each classroom, it is big and open with partial walls to show a small division between the classrooms. From the way I understand, there will be 2 other preschool classes going on at the same time as his. Which means, if/when Drew has one of his infamous meltdowns, it will disrupt EVERYONE! The other thing is he has only one teacher this year – no aide in his class this year. UGH! Needless to say I am praying double time that he has gotten over the worst fits and can make it through this school year without any (or at least many) big events. :)

***********
Drew continues to improve from his surgery every day. He is down to taking a little ibuprofen only 2 times a day now since he said the pain isn’t very bad any more. Poor guy had to have 4 shots plus a finger prick to test his blood today at his well child check-up though. *cringe*
Both the boys had good check-ups today. Zach is in the 95% for his weight and 90% for his height….and she predicts that he will be around 6 foot 2 inches tall - which is taller than they are saying for Drew. Drew is in the 50% for his height and then his weight has dropped and is somewhere around 40%. She said if his height had dropped that much as well, and he hadn’t just had his tonsils out, she would be concerned. She is predicting he will be shorter than his little brother and around 5 foot 10 inches (a drop from the prediction of about 6 foot that she made a couple of years ago). I’m not too concerned about it since John was short and skinny (one of the shortest in his class) until he was in high school and he is now 6 foot.
We also talked about Drew’s behavior with her again. She asked a bunch more questions and then said that he sounds like a classic “gifted” child and gave some suggestions of places to gather information and assistance. As I always said, he is too smart for his own good. :) She also suggested that if we continue to have difficulty with school, that we look in to putting Drew in a private ½ day kindergarten next year instead of the full day kindergarten offered at the public schools in our area to allow him some more time for his maturity to catch up.
********
This weekend (well actually as I am typing this) we are traveling to St. Louis to visit family. Tomorrow afternoon we will celebrate the boys’ birthdays with my family and John’s mom and grandma. Then tomorrow evening John will be hanging out with a friend to watch the Missouri vs. Illinois football game at his friends’ house – the same game that they didn’t end up being able to get tickets for. The rest of the weekend will just be spent relaxing and visiting with family.
Hope those of you in the U.S. have a relaxing and safe Labor Day weekend…and those of you in other countries have a relaxing weekend as well!











4 comments:
Hey Jenny -- how do they predict height? I'm pretty sure my two year old is larger than yours (it's hard to find playmates who aren't intimidated!!!)...can I expect her to be over six foot, too? So many of my problems would be solved if I was at least another six inches taller myself. LOL! I love the updates. :) Happy Labor Day!
Danielle
Cute photos! My youngest just had his fifth birthday yesterday! Legos, legos, and more legos.
Oh Jen look at little Zach! He looks so much like Drew now! Bless!
I love the last photo :)
And as for Drew at Kindy..i bet he will surprise you this year ;) Fingers crossed for all of you. Glad he is well and trully on the mend :)
hugs
Danielle - I think they predict the height by taking the average of the mother and father’s heights…and then adding a couple of inches for a boy or subtracting a couple of inches for a girl. I think they also take into account what percent range they are in for height and weight. Zach weighed in at 33 pounds (around 95% range) and was 35 ¾ inches tall (around 90% range)….and John is 6 foot and I’m 5 foot 4 inches.
Post a Comment