Yes, I am one of those people that is addicted to the Olympics. If I am not able to watch when they are showing them on NBC, I DVR them to watch later (which actually ends up using less of my time since I can then fast forward through commercials). I can remember growing up and watching the Olympics...the summer more than the winter (probably since the winter always fall during the school year). There are certainly more events that I LOVE to watch during the summer games....swimming (GO Michael Phelps!!), gymnastics, diving, beach volleyball...those are the main ones but the list goes one from there. :) A dream of mine would be to some day be able to go and watch at least one event at an Olympics in person. This year has gotten even a little more fun for me since Drew is now old enough to enjoy them as well. So you will find us most days for the next two weeks 10-1pm & 7-11:30pm rooting on our American athletes. GO U-S-A!!!











3 comments:
I love the Olympics too Jen and with no kids at home this week i am loving the fact i can watch it all without hearing...can i change the channel Mum?!!!
I too love the swimming (all water sports actually) and the track is one i am really looking forward to!
Hugs
Gill.x
I've been watching them too -- gymnastics are my favorite! I just can't believe what they are able to do.
When the winter Olmpics were in SLC, my hubby bought tickets and took the older kids one at a time to different events. I went with him to one of the closing ceremonies.
I don't mind watching it at home on TV because the view is perfect nd you can fast forward to the good parts! I also like the behind the scenes/ history of the athlete segments.
LOL I must say I am enjoying it too, but since I am working it's hard to see everything, although I have the radio on and then race to the TV when the Aussies are racing! It's all so much fun!
Post a Comment